Here is an update of all the ongoings in the startup world from the second week of May.
- Ed-Tech Startup Toppr raised $2.3M in its third round of funding. The investment is the third one for venture capital firm Alteria.
- Healthcare Startup Innovaccer raised $25M in its series B round of funding. This funding round led by Westbridge Capital brings the healthcare data analytics firm’s total funding to $41M.
- Fintech startup BigWin Infotech will be launching its P2P lending platform www.paisadukan.com soon. This announcement came after the firm received its license from the RBI this week.
- Electric Vehicle Startup Tork Motors got a funding of $66,000 from co-founders of cab-hailing giant Ola Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati. The Pune-based firm which has raised around $ $660,000 so far, intends to put around 10,000 units of its electric motor-bikes on Indian streets by 2021.
- Automotive Manufacturer, Mahindra has plans on investing $1M in IoT startup Carsense. The Mumbai-based startup which produces connected IoT devices for cars will be offering a 23% stake in stocks to Mahindra for its investment.
- Google acquired Israel-based cloud migration startup Velostrata for an undisclosed amount which is estimated to range anywhere between $100M to $200.
- Kochi-based iB Hubs will be kicking off the second edition of Startup School, a program for student entrepreneurs next week. The four-week program will teach students various aspects of starting a business and promoting it.
- San Francisco-based AI company ThoughtSpot raised $145M in a fresh round of funding. This funding estimates the value of the company at around $950.